As the state moves to Phase III of the COVID re-opening plan, Virginia Cooperative Extension and 4-H are resuming some in-person programming and services will continue to provide contactless and distance-based methods, such as using drop boxes for samples and pickup, phones, and virtual delivery of educational programming.
This website will provide current information on local office hours, programming, and more. We look forward continuing to serve our community.
The City of Virginia Beach office of Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) is your local connection to Virginia's land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University.
Through educational programs based on research and developed with input from local stakeholders, we help the people of City of Virginia Beach improve their lives.
We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability.
COVID-19 Update and Program Impacts
- Currently the VCE-Virginia Beach Office is closed to the public. However, staff are still available via phone and email.
- In following CDC recommendations, many of our programs have been canceled or postponed. Please check our program pages or contact our office to verify program activity.
- VCE COVID-19 Updates - Updates from the State VCE Office
- VCE COVID-19 Resources - Healthy living/cleaning, actvities for kids, food and exercise resources
Virginia's Pesticide Collection Program assists agricultural producers, licensed pesticide dealers, pest control firms, golf courses and homeowners with the proper disposal of unwanted pesticides. Collection for Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, and surrounding areas will occur on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 from 9:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. at Chesapeake Mosquito Control (332 St. Brides Rd. E., Chesapeake, VA 23322). Please visit VDACS Pesticide Collection or call 757-385-4769 for more information.
Online Gardening Classes
Join VCE each Thursday at 2:00pm on Facebook Live for gardening information from the experts. Find more details here.
Asian Giant Hornet
Information has recently been released about the Asian Giant Hornet coming to the United States. At this time, it is not in Virginia. Check here for more information and updates on this pest.
- Sep 28 - Sanitation Procedures - One day Spanish Language Course
- Sep 28 - Gardening Talks: Eco-Beneficial Design Strategies for the American Landscape
- Sep 29 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP Spanish Language Course
- Sep 30 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP Spanish Language Course
- Oct 1 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP Spanish Language Course
- Oct 3 - Fall Gardening Festival
- Oct 10 - Rain Barrel Workshop
- Oct 13 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP English Language Course
- Oct 14 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP English Language Course
- Oct 15 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP English Language Course
Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN)
The Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN) accelerates efforts, connects partners, and shares resources to solve child hunger in Virginia and create nutritious food access for all Virginians.