4‑H welcomes kids of all beliefs and backgrounds, giving them a voice to express who they are and how they make their lives and communities better.
4-H is the youth development program of the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service conducted by Virginia Tech and Virginia State Universities. It is an informal, hands-on education approach focusing on building lifelong learning skills that develop youths' potential through community clubs, special-interest groups, camps, in-school programs, and various project areas.
Virginia Beach 4-H
The Virginia Beach 4-H Youth Development program serves the youth in our community, ages 5-19. Our program has a rich history and bright future. Virginia Beach 4-H consists of 4-H Clubs, 4-H Programs, School Enrichment, and popular 4-H Camps. The sustainability of the program comes from strong community partnerships, dedicated adult volunteers, teachers, and power of our youth.
4-H Award Opportunities
Virginia Beach Outstanding 4-H Member Award
To be eligible for Outstanding City-wide Member Award, 4-H'ers must fall within the top 50% of thier age group (junior, intermediate and senior). To be eligible for the Herbert W. Ozlin Award, members must fall within the top 25% of their age group. Seniors (15-18) who are recipients of the Herbert W. Ozlin Award are eligible for the I Dare You Award, which is presented to no more than two senior 4-H members annually. 4-H'ers may only receive the I Dare You award once during their 4-H career.
View the 2019 application HERE or click the link below. Applications for the 2019-2020 4-H year open in Fall 2020.
- Sep 28 - Sanitation Procedures - One day Spanish Language Course
- Sep 28 - Gardening Talks: Eco-Beneficial Design Strategies for the American Landscape
- Sep 29 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP Spanish Language Course
- Sep 30 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP Spanish Language Course
- Oct 1 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP Spanish Language Course
- Oct 3 - Fall Gardening Festival
- Oct 10 - Rain Barrel Workshop
- Oct 13 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP English Language Course
- Oct 14 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP English Language Course
- Oct 15 - Basic 3-day Seafood HACCP English Language Course