Virginia Beach 4-H Junior Camp
Virginia Beach's 4-H Junior Camp is a residential experience for children ages 9-13. Held at the Airfield 4-H Center in Wakefield, VA, a 285-acre property with climate-controlled lodges, a lake, and trained counselors, this five-day experience will help kids build a variety of skills and lasting memories.
- Five-day overnight camp
- August 3-7, 2020
- August 3-7, 2020
- Boys & Girls ages* 9-13
- Cost: $360 per camper in 2020 (fee includes T-shirt, meals, lodging, special activities, programs and transportation)
- Transportation provided to and from Building 14 at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center
2020 4-H Camp Registration
Mark Your Calendar!
NEW this year, camper registrations take place online through Eventbrite. Registration will go LIVE at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, February 3. Payment must be made within 2 weeks of registration to hold each camper spot. Camp information is available to view on Eventbrite now: https://vb4hcamp2020.eventbrite.com . If you have questions after reviewing the information, please contact the 4-H Extension Office.
Apply to be a Virginia Beach 4-H Camp Counselor or Counselor-in-Training
We are excited announce we are seeking Virginia Beach 4-H Camp Counselors / Camp Counselors in Training (CIT) for the 2020 4-H Camp year. All applicants must be 14 years old as of January 1, 2020 to apply. If you are interested, please complete the application below and return it to our office by 5pm, January 31, 2020 by mail, in-person, or online*.
* New this year- we are offering an electronic submission option through the following link: tinyurl.com/vb4hcc20. Be sure to review the attached application prior to opening the link, as you must complete it in one sitting. We recommend preparing your answers in a separate document. Note, additional forms (pages 6-15) can be uploaded, mailed, or submitted in-person to the 4-H office by January 31.
Below is the list of training date and camp commitments. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the 4-H Extension Office by phone (757-385-4769) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 – 6 – 9 pm – Kempsville Rec Center
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 – 6 – 9 pm – Municipal Center Bldg 19
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020 – 6 – 9 pm – 4-H Extension Office, Municipal Center Bldg 14
- Saturday & Sunday, May 2-3, 2020 – Training Weekend at Airfield 4-H Center – Cost TBA
- Interviews – May 12, 13 and 14, 2020 at the 4-H Extension Office – 6 - 9 pm
- **You will schedule your interview date at the April training. **
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 6 – 9 pm – TCC - Advanced Technology Center
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 6 – 9 pm – 4-H Extension Office
Camp Millionaire uses an innovative day camp format to provide rising 7th and 8th graders with the financial decision-making tools they need to achieve financial independence. Through fun-filled games, activities, group exercises and a field trip to a local credit union, kids learn how to be responsible for their own financial futures.
Other 4-H Camps
Virginia has six 4-H Educational Centers across the state that have various camps throughout the year. The two closest centers within one hour and thirty minutes are Airfield 4-H Center and Jamestown 4-H Educational Center.
Airfield 4-H Educational Center 2020 Specialty Camps
- January 24-26 Food Challenge (youth 9-13)
- February 23-25 Winter Teen Weekend (teens 14-19)
- March 13-14 TALT (Teen and Adult Volunteer Training)
- March 27-29 Spring Cloverbud (youth 5-8)
- April 17-18 Space Camp (youth 9-13)
- TBA Southeast District Horse Show
- June 15-19 4-H/NRA Youth Shooting Education Week Camp (youth 9-17)
- TBA SE District Shoot
- July 17-19 Summer Cloverbud Weekend Camp (youth 5-8)
- August 10-14 District Camp (youth 9-13)
- September 25-27 Back to Nature Camp (youth 9-13)
- October 16-18 Fall Cloverbud (youth 5-8)