The City of Virginia Beach office of Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) is your local connection to Virginia's land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University.
Through educational programs based on research and developed with input from local stakeholders, we help the people of City of Virginia Beach improve their lives.
We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability.
Virginia Beach 4-H Camp Registration
We are now accepting 4-H Camp registrations and Camp Counselor / CIT applications for the 2019 4-H Junior Camp, scheduled for July 29 through August 2, 2019. Many lifelong friendships and memories are made at camp each year and Virginia Beach always has a waiting list.
Well Water Testing
Do you have a well? Do you know what's in your water? Through the Virginia Household Water Quality Program, we will offer an opportunity for affordable water testing, help interpreting water test results, and information about addressing problems. Participate in our 2019 Well Water Testing Clinic kicking off on March 18, 2019; pre-registration is required. Click here for more details.
- Online registration is available at: http://register.ext.vt.edu/portal/events/reg/participantTypeSelection.do?method=load&entityId=185381.
Want to learn more about gardening?
- 2019 Gardening Talks & Workshops Series - Click here to see the lineup of FREE talks and workshops.
- 2019 Rain Barrel Workshops - Join the VCE Master Gardener Water Stewards on the 2nd Saturday of each month (March through October) to learn about water conservation and build a rain barrel to use at your home. Go to https://www.vbmg.org/upcoming-events.html to register for upcoming events.
Commercial Pesticide Recertification Classes 2019
We offer multiple opportunities each year for Commercial Pesticide Applicators to renew their licenses. Click on the events below to get the corresponding registration form.
- March 7, 2019 - Norfolk Botanical Garden (Norfolk) Categories 3a, 3b, 10, 60
- April 5, 2019 - Department of Public Utilities (Virginia Beach) Categories 3a, 3b, 10, 60
- June 4, 2019 - Portsmouth Moose Lodge (Chesapeake) Categories 3a, 3b, 5a, 6, 8, 10, 60
Become a VCE Master Gardener Volunteer
Are you interested in learning more about horticulture in order to educate your community? Learn more about the Virginia Beach Master Gardener volunteer program at www.vbmg.org. Attend an Orientation Session:
- May 6, 2019 @ 6:00pm - VCE Office, 2449 Princess Anne Rd.
- May 16, 2019 @ 6:00pm - VCE Office, 2449 Princess Anne Rd.
- May 18, 2019 @ 10:00am - Hampton Roads Agricultural Research & Extension Center, 1444 Diamond Springs Rd.
- Feb 19 - Foragers 4-H Beekeeping Club Meeting
- Feb 20 - SOUTHEAST VA FRUIT & VEGETABLE CONFERENCE
- Feb 20 - 4-H Camp Counselor/CIT Training
- Feb 20 - Show and Sale Committee Meeting
- Feb 21 - Guardians of the Planet 4-H Club Meeting
- Feb 23 - Gardening Workshop: Tree Talks
- Feb 25 - Gardening Talk: Warm Season Turfgrasses
- Feb 25 - 4-H Livestock Club Meeting
- Feb 26 - 2019 MID-ATLANTIC STRAW- BERRY FIELD WALK
- Feb 26 - MID-ATLANTIC STRAW- BERRY EVENING PROGRAM & DINNER
Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN)
The Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN) accelerates efforts, connects partners, and shares resources to solve child hunger in Virginia and create nutritious food access for all Virginians.